XBOX TO PC WIRELESS GAME PAD

computerdiv 10:18 05 Feb 09

I don't have an Xbox360 but like the wireless gamepad. Can you recharge an Xbox360 wireless gamepad without the Xbox 360 console? I want to use it on my PC for driving games and tombraider style platforms.

Cheers for some good advice

Starfox 16:25 05 Feb 09

Not sure what you are trying to do but if you buy the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller For Windows then it is charged through the usb port.

Starfox 16:28 05 Feb 09
  gazzaho 23:51 05 Feb 09

I would urge against using the USB charger that plugs into the controller itself, I have ruined 2 controllers now due to overheating of the batteries when the charger is plugged in, the batteries heat up while charging and the heat seems to distort the left hand joystick causing it to stick and become erratic during play.

If going for a rechargeable battery get a recharger that charges the battery away from the controller, i.e. nicads or similar.

computerdiv 12:03 06 Feb 09

thanks for your knowledgeable answers

gazzaho 05:52 07 Feb 09

I should have pointed out that it's the Xbox 360 Play and charge kit I'm referring to, I can't speak for any other type of chargers.

zhaolong 09:14 17 Mar 10

I have used the Xbox 360,I just upgraded to the wireless one. Google OSx xbox 360 driver and you should find tattiebogle.

Be advised the game must have controler support, ie Lego star wars is great, and halo, but none of the EA titles have it.

zhaolong 09:21 17 Mar 10

Xbox 360 wireed, i like this: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…