won't install

biker24 15:09 01 Oct 08

I have been trying to install medal of honor Airborne, With no luck,The installation gets to the serial number screen but then just seems to stop, There is plenty of disk activity, but that's as for as it gets,
My system is Vista 32bit (service pack 1), With dual core 3GB Pentium, 350GB hard disk, 2GB memory And BFG geforce 8600GTS, Any help appreciated.

citadel 16:56 01 Oct 08

as it is a few years old it may be for windows xp.

grey george 20:23 01 Oct 08

It says here that it is compatible
click here
Could be a duff disc, can you try it on another machine or return it for a replacement?

mrwoowoo 21:51 01 Oct 08

If anything fails to install with Vista,the first thing i try is to turn off the UAC.
Start>control panel>user accounts>turn user account control off.

mrwoowoo 21:56 01 Oct 08

On a forum someone said that it takes ages and ages to install.They left it for a long while and eventually a pop up appeared asking if they wanted to install it.
Another answer said-
For anyone else experiencing this problem it's a bug in the installer related to Windows Firewall. You must have it on and the associated service started for it to install correctly.

Si_L 23:26 01 Oct 08

Try running it in compatibility mode.

biker24 17:10 03 Oct 08

I searched for Ageia Physx drivers and found the problem was I had version v.7.09.13, Installed for some reason, but the game comes with version v.7.07.09, So I uninstalled the former and now the game installs and runs OK, hope this will be of some use. problem solved!.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5