Which TV should i buy for a PS3

kiddgame2000 13:43 09 Jan 09

Much to my surprise and delight i recieved a playstation 3 for christmas from my parents and girlfriend. Since the day and hour i opened it i have been looking the internet to find a 1080p LCD TV to play it on and i simply cant decide. There are so many pitfalls and potential turkeys out there its hard to know which one to go for.

Simple question, which tv is going to give the best quality picture from a PS3 for around £500 - £800.

Thanks

Arthur Scrimshaw 20:15 09 Jan 09

just bought a PS3 and a panasonic tx 37 lzd800 which gets in your budget.
All I can say is it's a lovely tv and the ps3 looks superb on it, also rented the Dark Knight on blu ray - wow!

Also sound is brilliant, I wanted to get rid of my 5.1 system and apart from truly deep bass i'm not missing it at all.

jellyhead 22:14 09 Jan 09

sony kdl40w4000 has had some good reviews, shop around for the best price.
click here

Kevscar1 18:14 10 Jan 09

How big do you want. Some 42in here

click here

Arthur Scrimshaw 21:07 10 Jan 09

panasonics top all the ratings, in the current Which? guide the first 7 highest rated tvs are panasonic. I think if you post this in the consumerwatch forum you would get more replies if you want a more balanced view. Bear in mind the warnings on most games about using using plasma tvs, I'm not sure if this is still an issue?

jacobjohn7 16:28 30 Jan 09

Hi have just had to replace mine, and had the same dilema of which one,....i did eventually go for a samsung T220, which is not the top, but nor is the price from amazon, its got freeview tv on it as well, as I wanted the tv aspect included for bedroom. Well this looks great, styling is lovely, and does the job for me, so would recommend it.
click here
Hope this helps you out.
John

jacobjohn7 16:30 30 Jan 09

apologies but thats fine for bedroom, you seem to want something in a higher budget...

m-powa 15:35 13 Feb 09

I tried a few big LCDs in the end I kept with an Toshiba 37C3030. the speakers were better. decent quality and budget price hdtv.
click here

SAMSUNG LE40A436T lights up a room with ps3 games. set the mode to gaming also.

Sony Bravias not worth buying anymore.

gazzaho 04:53 14 Feb 09

I don't think you can go wrong buying a Samsung, best "Bang for Buck" in my opinion.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now