what's your top non-gun related pc games of all time?

theDarkness 11 Aug 08

The pc overdoes it with the gun genre, so im wondering what other users favorites might be when not fps/gun related for pc games? Im guessing if anyone replies ill just see never ending lists for point and click or online rpgs.. Lol! For originality i would recommend Startopia, grim fandango, and perhaps the first sims game. X-com/UFO enemy unknown (also on ps1, that is, if you can find it!) is also a pc favourite of mine, although i would be breaking the rules of it not being gun related. it doesnt run on modern pcs anyway! .. and the ps1 version was superior :) :-P

jellyhead 11 Aug 08

Lemmings kept me amused for hours back on the Amiga,rediscovered them recently and showed the kids.

User2008 11 Aug 08

Leisure Suit Larry - Magna Cum Laude.

Hilariously funny, and I'm looking forward to the sequel being released.

roddypoddy 11 Aug 08

The first Broken Sword,utterly brilliant,And GPL.

mrwoowoo 11 Aug 08

Non gun,are you crazy? Lol
Are sports and racing games allowed?
Mind you i'm not a great fan of those genres anyway so...
PC
1. Pitfall the lost expedition
2. Assassins creed
3. Portal
PS1 and 2
1. Project zero 1 and 2(AKA Fatal frame)
2. Crash bandicoot
3. Ape escape

Armchair 11 Aug 08

1) Zuma - a very addictive 'puzzle' game.

2) Scrabble 2005 - excellent version.

3) Dynasty Warriors 4 Hyper - plenty of butchery!

4) Age of Mythology - my favourite RTS.

5) Risk 2 - there are guns in this excellent version of the boardgame, but it's a relaxing turn-based favourite of mine, so I'm going to list it anyway.

citadel 11 Aug 08

all the total war from shogun onwards, homeworld 1 and 2

Spook Tooth 11 Aug 08

ES IV Oblivion: bow and arrow was my favourite weapon for a non-gun game. Does this count?

My memory's not very good but there must be plenty of non game games that have been really good. GT 2 on PS One comes to mind. Not much else though. Damn. Hmm. Gauntlet? Everyone's a Wally and Stormbringer on the ZX Spectrum... Loads of non-gun games on that platform.

Si_L 11 Aug 08

The PC is the best for shooters, using the mouse is a million times better for aiming than a joypad.

Anyway, the best non shooter is Pro Evolution Soccer. Fact.

Coltch 12 Aug 08

1. Thief: The Dark Project (sneaky Bow & Arrow fun!)
2. Planescape Torment
3. GTR2
4. TES4: Oblivion

I could probably list a load more but it would probably take up too much space!

day2strike 12 Aug 08

Theme Hospital
ToCA
ToCA Race Driver 2

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message