What's next for xbox?

belfman 21:23 PM 11 Jun 08

Now 3 and a bit years into the 360's life what will the "xbox 720" have? I'm sure it's in development....

I am hedgng my bets on more power under the hood built in wifi and blu-ray. And a team for the sole purpose of improving reliabilty over the 360's - though the motherboard revisions and such in the 360 makes it very solid now.

I can't see them doing anything else except maybe 'motion sensing' in the controllers but I am NOT interested in that. Nintendo cornered that market and Sony made a pigs ear of it.

Part from the above the xbox has way more going for it than it's competitors.

Si_L 06:32 AM 12 Jun 08

An x-box that doesn't constantly break.

Google red-ring of death!

crosstrainer 08:15 AM 12 Jun 08

Have toyed with the idea of buying a console for a while now.

It would take full advantage of my HD 42" TV and Pioneer cinema sound.

I know next to nothing about them, and the drawbacks seem to be:

I would have to get to grips with a controller (something I have struggled with in the past)

I would be buying console versions of games that I might prefer to play on my high end gaming rigs.

What do you think would be my best option?

belfman 10:14 AM 12 Jun 08

I did say improve reliabilty.

belfman 10:26 AM 12 Jun 08

crosstrainer

I based my console selection on what most of my friends have. Both the 360 and PS3 can do 1080p so would take advantange of the screen.

The 360 starts at £149 for arcade (though I'd suggest at least a premium £189) so it's not too bad for dipping your feet in the console waters.

Buying games for both PC and console... you have a real tough choice. I'd stick to buying console only games and get your cross platform games for PC.

belfman 10:27 AM 12 Jun 08

crosstrainer

You'd need to check the back of the 360 for an HDMI port older versions don't have it but ones with new motherboards do.

crosstrainer 11:01 AM 12 Jun 08

Thanks for that, may have a look soon...Cross platform games? Do you mean that some DVD based PC games will also run on a console without having to buy a different copy?

Now that would be of use!

belfman 11:10 AM 12 Jun 08

no, no

I mean games available for both, like COD4.

crosstrainer 14:30 PM 12 Jun 08

Yep, thought it was too good to be true! two game collections then :) Thing is I have shelves full of PC games already :)

Armchair 12:25 PM 15 Jun 08

crosstrainer. I can't stand using the 360's gamepad for FPS games, so I don't bother with them. It's best at driving and 3rd person games, imo.

belfman 12:33 PM 15 Jun 08

It's not that hard to get used to - I find the 360's controller the easiest & most confortable to use. I heard a rumour that ps3 is meant to be getting a better designed controller soon.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things