What Graphics card would suit me best?

d.aiton 01 Feb 13

Hi,

Im wondering if anyone would have any advice on which graphics cards would suit my system, my spec is this:

ASRock X79 Extreme4 Motherboard. Intel Core i7-3820 LGA2011 Processor. GX 750W Bronze Power Supply.

I have been told to look for a grahics card with a spec of at least 670 but other than that i have no real clue what im looking for, also preferably Geforce also. I have a budget of £300-£400. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

nickf 01 Feb 13

I use this card http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-evga-gtx-680-sc-signature-28nm-pcie-30-6208mhz-gddr5-gpu-1084mhz-boost-1150mhz-cores-1536-2x-dl-, and can play ANY game at max settings , and most in 3D at max too . I only use one monitor , so I cant say how well it would perform in a multi monitor system , but I would imagine that it would happily cope with two , and probably three at lower settings .

Chronos the 2nd 03 Feb 13

I have a GTX 670 and this card is only a little slower than the GTX 680, the 680 is on average 3-5% faster and does not justify it's high price.You are only looking at around 3-4 frames per second increase.

Both cards will suit your needs and your only choice is whether the you feel the 680 justifies it's high price.

Compare.

jonasmarsh621 05 Feb 13
Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message