Model Aspire 5735
Operating Sytem Windows® Vista® Home Premium

Processor
Processor Type Intel®
Processor Speed Core™ 2 Duo T5800 2.0 GHz

Memory
Memory Type DDR 2
Memory Std. 4 GB

i know nothing about them only that i have read the microsoft sim x needs a top pc to run it, would this pc handle it or would it be better to get a older version. CHRISSY PRESENT FOR MY SON
THANKS

mrwoowoo 00:33 12 Nov 08

I think the reason that you have had no answer is because you don't state what graphics chipset you have.
It was quite hard trying to figure what the graphics are capable of as well.
I believe the 5735 has the Mobile Intel® GM45 graphics setup.Since this has pixel shader 4 and is direct x 10 compatable it should have no trouble running Flight sim x which will run on a 32mb direct x 9 card.
Your Graphics memory is 64 MB of dedicated video memory, up to 1695 MB of shared system memory.
Your ram and CPU will easily handle it,so it all looks good to me.
I would say go for it.

mrwoowoo 00:36 12 Nov 08

Might be awkward to do if it's your sons laptop and a surprise present.But you could download the demo and try it out first.
Just being ultra cautious as i'm over 95% sure it's ok.
click here

nobbyhigo 10:26 12 Nov 08

Intel GMA 3400MHD (integrated) if this means anything to you

mrwoowoo 16:38 12 Nov 08

The GMA 3400MHD is the information i found as well.
My answer is based on that and therefore correct.

nobbyhigo 17:08 12 Nov 08

thank you

PA28 13:41 14 Nov 08

Be careful of Flightsim X as - although it's a great flightsim - it is very demanding (though the Acceleration Pack does help). There's nothing more frustrating than dropping down to below 10fps when you're making a landing.

If in doubt stick with FS 2004 A Century of Flight. It requires a lot less of the graphics card to ensure a smooth flight experience, is a first rate sim in itself, and there's plenty of add ons available for free from the likes of Flightsim.com.

I have a top spec machine, have both 2004 and X installed, am a qualified private pilot and use the sims to practice instrument scenarios. Guess which sim I still tend to use the most........

nobbyhigo 14:36 14 Nov 08

thanks for the answer i really appreciate the information .What i would like to know is will the 2004 sim run on VISTA

PA28 15:54 14 Nov 08

2004 runs fine on Vista

PA28 20:10 14 Nov 08

You might find this thread from Flighsim.com useful: click here

SimFlyer 19:19 15 Nov 08

FSX has better graphics and now includes new Mission style game play that can be fun, but other than that FS2004 and FSX both offer pretty much the same core Flight Sim experience. I enjoy FSX, but like somebody has already stated it's demanding and even my Quad core system struggles at times.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5