Trying to connect Nintendo DSi to internet with wireless connection

geek84 06 Jan 12

Hi Folks

I am trying to connect my daughter’s Nintendo DSi to the internet at home. I have a wireless connection which is provided by Virgin media.

However, every time I attempt to connect, the following 2 messages come up on the screens of the DSi –

On the top screen, the message says A security key is needed to connect to this access point.

The bottom screen says Unable to connect to the access point. Check that the correct security key has been entered. Error code 05111-1.

I am not very technical and it appears that there is something wrong with the security key. I don’t even know if my daughter entered the security key in the first place or where to get it from!

Can someone be kind enough to guide me into how to connect to the internet or provide me with a link which gives a step by step guide?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message