Tomb Raider Underworld crashes

Totally-braindead 23 Nov 08

Got this game on Friday and have played it a fair bit and have got to the Mexico part of the game - level 3 I think it is, anyway it crashes at the same bit all the time saying something about "there has been a fatal error and Corrupt texture data passed into PCTexture constructor!"

No idea what that means ir how to solve it, ran memtest on my memory - all ok and checked that I had the latest graphics driver which I do.

Any ideas or do I have to wait for a patch.

citadel 24 Nov 08

sounds like another rush job to get the christmas sales, patch will probably be out to fix.

MAT ALAN 02 Dec 08

Might help for now...

Try reducing your sound hardware acceleration within DXDIAG tool under the `audio` tab.

Totally-braindead 02 Dec 08

The solution was to delete and reinstall the game, but, isn't there always a but? But the game now crashes when you save a game. Its rather intermittant, maybe one save out of five, that sort of thing. Its still playable at least.

dagnammit 05 Dec 08

if you have a games console is stability, and it's on offer for £24 in Game.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message