Titan Quest on XP Crashes

BigRik 20:14 23 Oct 08

I bought Titan Quest for one of my boys today from PC World. Part of a buy 2, get the third free deal. Checked the specs required before purchase obviously. No problem there.

The game installed fine, and runs the intro fine too. But during play, a couple of minutes in, after the character stops to talk to another, the game crashes at the same point in the sentence.

I can't see a blemish on the disk, and the drive is fine. I've updated to the latest Nvidia driver, though I wasn't that far behind anyway.

So, should I go back for an exchange, or is there something I might have missed?

citadel 21:18 23 Oct 08

see if there has been a patch released by the maker as these fix problems such as crashes etc. titan quest patch into google should do the trick.

Marko797 21:20 23 Oct 08

and look for a patch. Developers sometimes rush to get a game out and then release patches for it a short time afterwards.

I played this yrs ago, it's a good game, but it was prone to the occasional crash. The patches however solved the problem, so that's ur best bet.

Can't remember the developers name (is it TNT/THQ or something?), but check the game packaging and it should tell u.

Hope this is of use (if not just google) click here

Marko797 21:33 23 Oct 08

beat me to it citadel.

Anyway, this might be of better help - seems there's been quite a few patches for this game - click here;downloads

BigRik 22:34 23 Oct 08

Thanks for that guys.

I've patched the game right up to the latest available, but it's still crashing, although it went at a different point this time.

Anything else?

mrwoowoo 23:09 23 Oct 08

A bit complicated to explain this,so i'll provide a link to a forum.
Seems you may have to delete a few save points.
click here

BigRik 12:12 24 Oct 08

Thanks for the link mrwoowoo. I tried the first thing Harm mentioned in that forum, but it was still crashing. I stopped short of his second suggestion, as I don't think you should have to go to such lengths to try and get a game to work. Perhaps Titan Quest just doesn't agree with my PC for whatever reason, so I've took it back, with a disappointed boy it has to be said, and he's changed it for Dark Messiah Might and Magic. I'm about to install it so hopefully a bit more luck this time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…