Is there a way to stop the analog control stickin?

Si_L 00:20 AM 06 Aug 08

I am using a PS2 pad for my PC, and the left analog stick gets stuck when pointing down. Any way to fix this (without opening it up - I opened an old one up to see what was inside and it wouldn't go back together again.)

sean-278262 15:31 PM 10 Aug 08

Sticking is usually caused by one of a couple of reasons. The most common with controllers is debris (usually food getting lodged into the controller. A quick look around the surround should prove to find if the controller has this problem in general. If there are no signs of this then it is unlikely there is any inside.

The second and probably more terminal problem is that the return spring for the stick has become broken, maligned or similar. If this is the case then really the only way to repair it is either recalibration or replacement. Failing that a new controller is probably required. However I have had success in the past with getting the controller undone and then gently lifting the outer plastics a bit and then refitting the screws.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November