A somewhat belated, but warm welcome

Forum Editor 13:16 PM 12 Jun 08

to our new gaming forum. Those of you who are gaming fans asked so nicely, and so often that we felt you deserved your reward. I'm sorry there was a rather puzzling revival of our earlier, 2002 Games room yesterday; it was a case of us getting carried away with enthusiasm, and one of us (probably me) pushed the wrong button.

Anyway, we're here now, in a brand new, shiny forum, so have fun, and don't forget to click on the link at the top of the page to see the downloads we've put together especially for you.

Forum Editor 13:20 PM 12 Jun 08

that we'll welcome your feedback on the special gqmes site you'll see if you click the link. It's still being tweaked, so tell us what you think, or what you would like to see there in the future.

We're not promising we can meet all requests, but we'll try hard to provide the kind of content you would like to see.

belfman 13:26 PM 12 Jun 08

FE and Co. @ PCA Towers.

A very big thankyou!

Si_L 13:34 PM 12 Jun 08

Make that two very big thankyous!

crosstrainer 14:31 PM 12 Jun 08

Thanks Peter.

crosstrainer 14:36 PM 12 Jun 08

The content in the link is excellent, I was considering buying a console, but if it's going to use 5x more juice than my fridge, I might just give it a miss....2 PC's running all day both with 700Watt PSU's is enough!

Roll on the day when I'm back at base instead of based at home.

TopCat® 14:41 PM 12 Jun 08

As you know I'm game for anything and this welcome new addition is right up my street! My thanks to everyone involved who made it possible.

How the FE is going to monitor the coming action scenarios on these pages remains to be seen. Time spent using a game-pad himself might not go amiss here, so give it a try, Peter, it's quite easy you know! :o)) TC.

Huffster 14:48 PM 12 Jun 08

...plus a Games forum? I no longer have a reason to leave PC Advisor. Help me!

crosstrainer 14:51 PM 12 Jun 08

I wish somone could teach me to use a gamepad! I can use keyboard, mouse flight joystick and pedals but those pad's confuse me.

I have heard the new ones are better, but a recent link posted here (by wolfie3000 I think) with an image of a new one was astounding.

It looked like somethng from the control panel of a space ship!

crosstrainer 14:52 PM 12 Jun 08

But if you never leave here............

You will never play any games :)

Earthsea 14:59 PM 12 Jun 08

I'm even starting to sound like a gamer! Have to practice calling my laptop my 'rig', though.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites