Sims 3 & Suitable PCI-Express Graphics Card

Audio~~Chip 15:02 23 Aug 09

Hello,
Going for a new build machine and still not confident my chosen PCi-Express Graphics card is right for the job. I chose a ATI XFX HD 4650 silent card with 1GB Memory but a few concerns looking around is Heat of a card which is with Silent cooling and also seen 1Gb graphics card be a little unstable.

Can any forum user point me in the right direction for a Graphics card maybe a few options between £50 - £85 please

citadel 17:22 23 Aug 09

if you get a quiet psu, as this makes the most noise and quiet cpu cooler, graphics card is ok with fan. hd4850 card will play any games well.

Audio~~Chip 18:12 23 Aug 09

I was looking at this one from Ebuyer.
Sapphire HD 4850 512MB GDDR3 HDMI DVI VGA PCI-E Graphics Card quickfind code: 159709 

Great minds think alike. Just wanted a second opinion.

My PSU was the OCZ Stealth XStream 600W PSU - SLI Ready ATX2.2 12cm Fan quickfind code: 127861 

& HSF Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ-7P Freezer 7 Pro Socket 775 Processor Cooler quickfind code: 105994 

citadel 20:32 23 Aug 09

I have a 4850 in one of my pc's and it dosent make much noise as the fan only speeds up when you play games and the sound from the game covers this.

citadel 20:35 23 Aug 09

forgot to say the cards with a non reference coolers are the quietest. mine has a zalman.

Audio~~Chip 20:44 23 Aug 09

Hardware which have Fans nowadays have improved a lot since my last build I am probably worrying tooooo much over fan noise. I am familiar with replacing Graphic cards colling systems but only on a out of warranty item.

Thanks again.

Audio~~Chip 20:46 23 Aug 09

This card also has the option to control Fan Speed in the BIOS on a decent motherboard, and also the fan on this card can idle down itself when not under thottle or stress.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…