Sims 2 Problem - Can anyone advise??

Bens Mom 13:50 20 Sep 09

Hi,

I purhased Sims 2 double deluxe yesterday, Left it to install and whatnot,

Came to play it today and continues to load for ages, Then when I check on it, it seems to be not responding on the system task manager, When I close the game through the task manager, It is saying about a SP4 problem which windows is trying to solve...

I am using Vista and can only assume my laptop is sufficient, Here are the details of it...

Processor - Intel (R) Core (TM)2 Duo CPU, [email protected],

3.00GB RAM

System - 32-bit Operating System

ANy ideas on why I cannot access the game and play, I was so excited :(

citadel 17:53 20 Sep 09

try running in compatibility mode, this lets you choose to run the game in windows xp mode.

Bens Mom 19:38 20 Sep 09

Hi and thanks for reading,

How do I do that if Im running on Vista?? and how do I open to work in compatability mode??

Thanks

mrwoowoo 20:17 20 Sep 09

compatibility mode... Right click on the Sims 2 shortcut and then on properties. Click the compatability tab and put a tick in the "run this program in compatability mode for" then choose xp in the drop down menu and click apply.

Bens Mom 21:35 20 Sep 09

All checked and done, But it is still stalling on startup - and when closed through the task manager is says problems refering to sp4....

Any help much appreciated :)

mrwoowoo 12:34 21 Sep 09

I think Sims sp4 refers to an expansion pack for the game( Celebration pack or something similar). These Packs have high graphics requirements which may be bad news as i assume you have an intergrated graphics card on your lappy.
Do you know what you onboard graphics chip spec is,or tell us exactly which laptop you have and i will see if you meet the minimum requirements for the game.

Bens Mom 19:59 21 Sep 09

Hiya,
We have an ACER Aspire 5920 laptop, Hope that is what you needed,
It says on the front that the graphics is -
Graphic Media Accelerator X3100... Does that make any sense...

Thanks so much for helping me, :)

Laura

mrwoowoo 13:40 22 Sep 09

That's what i required thanks,but i'm still not sure about that card though.
Go to this site and choose "The Sims 2" from the drop down list and it will tell you if your laptop can handle it.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…