Sega Rally for Computer running Win7

Border View 16:51 PM 30 Jul 11

I have a games computer running Win7 (8mg RAM; 1Gb Nvidia graffics card, large HDD)

On my very first computer back in 2000 it came with Sega Rally. That computer is long gone but I would love to play Sega Rally again. Is there such a thing as this software which will run on Win7 and if so where can I get it please?

mrwoowoo 22:05 PM 30 Jul 11

There are a few here, but you may need to run it in compatibility mode. Either way , it should run on Windows 7.

Sega rally pc

Menzie 22:15 PM 01 Aug 11

I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit and on my computer Sega Rally didn't run the way it was supposed to. It seemed to have a battle with my computer over the speed it should run at.

It kept alternating between normal speed and turbo-insane-too-fast to react speed. I didn't have any luck getting it to work and a quick Google didn't clear up anything.

In the end I gave up the ghost and fired up the old Saturn for my fix. What version of Windows 7 are you running as the ultimate edition is supposed to have more features for compatibility than the one I have?

Border View 08:47 AM 02 Aug 11

Hi its W7 Home premium 64bit. Didn't even try to load the software.

Just wondered if there was a version designed for W7.

Thanks for responding.

Colin 12:22 PM 02 Aug 11

I don't think there is a version designed for W7. If it helps, I play Colin McRae Rally 2 which came out in 1999 on my W7 64bit PC with no problems. It still looks good to me!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

How to run Windows 10 on Mac: How to run Windows 10 using Boot Camp or VirtualBox to install…