The Right Desktop For Me

JakeRidge 02:18 AM 10 Nov 12

I don't know much about computers and what makes what better and why but basically I'm buying a PC for a bit of gaming and also work from home would this be suitable and the games I like to play are DayZ, GTA4, BF3 so what do you think? Thanks for reading! PC:

Chronos the 2nd 08:55 AM 10 Nov 12

If you could post your budget it will make it easier to suggest something for you to look at.

In the PC you have linked to I am not overly keen on a couple of components but it really depends on your overall budget.

mick2008 11:26 AM 10 Nov 12

I think you may have to spend a bit more than that for a good gaming PC. Bargain Electricals

ordep 12:45 PM 10 Nov 12

I've got the Fusion Blackbird. As pointed out by mick, you'll need to spend a bit more than that I afraid.

frybluff 13:53 PM 10 Nov 12

The problem with "custom" sites, and Chillblast are one of the better ones, is that to get a low "headline" price, they need to use low quality modest performing components. You can then "customize", but by the time you get to decent quality, reasonable performance, you've got a very expensive PC.

To give an idea, assuming your monitor is 1080p, this is the sort of build, I would put together, for your needs, without any "frills"

parts list

If you then had that built for you, assuming they could provide those bits, someone like Chillblast would be charging at least £200 on top. The best answer, of course, is to build yourself. Not difficult, but you obviously need the confidence to do it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X