A REVOLUTIONARY IDEA, but is it possible

OCRIDION 19:29 21 Dec 09
Answered

MY IDEAS ORIGIN.

In our ventrilo voice chat server I teach people how to stream Music and Radio over their microphones using a program called VAC. VAC will take the audio output (VAC can be listed as a speaker device) and then transfer it to Microphone audio port. This microphone port will also be labled VAC. Using this method you can play music on your computer and have it streamed down a virtual mic and broadcasted on online chat applications, like your own internet radio, perfect quality too.

MY IDEA

Given the idea of transposing the audio output to audio input and then to online briadcast. I was wondering if this was possible on the XBOX 360, by using the Controllers Microphone jack, in this case you could transmit your computers audio into parties etc. Ofcourse, It may need a single or maybe even an array of cables to transmit computer audio output to the audio input jack of the controller.

Now, Im a Software Developer, so, im not so much on Hardware, but I know good ammount. So, If anyone has any comments, please let them be known. :)

Kevscar1 07:53 22 Dec 09

I can tell you straight away you would be in breach of copywright law. Unless you are willing to pay royalties of course.

wolfie3000 15:10 22 Dec 09

Have you ever been in an online game and had someone blast music down either Vent or Teamspeak?

Its bloody annoying and the person soon gets kicked from the server.

If people want to listen to music during a game fine, theres plenty of radio stations on Shoutcast, but no other players wish to listen to other music tastes.

Vent and TS are made for communicating with your clan/guild not for making players DJ,s

Also as Kevscar points out theres copyright issues.

OCRIDION 23:52 22 Dec 09

Our ventrilo server allows it, aslong as they respect the wishes and right of the others visitors with in the ventrilo server.

As for copyright issues, we do not allow others to breach any law unless permission is completely granted for it. Therefore we would use this new idea to do things we are alowd to do, one of us actually produce music and other media products so it would be useful to create a kind of radio thing for xbox live, just for the members of the clan.

My clan is one of the most advanced in the resources in the world, and Im trying to take it further. Now, I want to know, IS IT POSSIBLE.

MESH Support 12:49 31 Dec 09

If you can connect the sound source to the controller then it is of course possible.

In addition to the very valid points above, you should also consider with your own vent server you are paying for the hosting and bandwidth.

With XBOX Live, you pay for the bandwidth, Microsoft pays for the hosting. I'm not sure how they would consider a constant stream of data from one unit.

And then you have the fact that XBOX Live chat is by far inferior to even the most basic of Vent/TS servers.

With the recent addition of LAST FM to XBOX Live I'm not sure there would be much call for what you are doing, aside from you and your friends of course.

Davey

OCRIDION 20:23 31 Dec 09

Ok, well, i thought it was possible someway, BUT HOW, My computer has a standard headphones port and the xbox controller has a standard mini-headset port.

OCRIDION 08:28 15 Jan 10

BRILLIANT FIND, THAT GETS ME ONE STEP CLOSER, NOW DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE TO GET A MALE TO MALE MICROPHONE CABLE?

SO I CAN CONNECT MY AUDIO OUT FROM MY COMPUTER TO THE MICROPHONE JACK.

Answer

Any standard 3.5mm cable will do - I have loads of them lying around the house!

Maplins sell them, though they are expensive for what they are - click here

I'd probably use ebay, if you don't already have a spare one lying around - click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…