PC upgrade help

kevinb88 21:04 PM 03 Feb 12

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with information what i can/should upgrade.

I have an acer m3400 desktop pc and would like to upgrade it so i can run things like SWTOR on high settings without or with little lag.

I know i can upgrade my Ram and i think it's a maximum of 8gb(meaning i have to buy 4gb more). I do not however, know the type of ram needed. I also want to upgrade my graphics card but again i do not know what type i need and i'm aware i will have to upgrade my PSU.

Current specs are:

4GB ram Nvidia GeForce 315 AMD Phenom II x6 1035T processor

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ibanez2010 04:23 AM 04 Feb 12

It's DDR3 1333MHz you need but your current 4GB Ram should be plenty. Aim for a Nvidia GTX560ti graphics card or better. PSU should be about 600-700W minimum. Buy a cheap one at your own risk. It's better to go with a well known brand such as OCZ or Corsair etc.

kevinb88 20:36 PM 04 Feb 12

Thank you for an informative answer. I have found a psu which seems the brand you said: Corsair Memory 600W Gaming Series GS600 High Performance 80 PLUS® Certified PSU

Will pc's take all psu? or do they need to be a certain type.

Devil Fish 01:08 AM 05 Feb 12

bare in mind big companies like acer dell etc tend to use proprietary psu's so a shop brought one may not fit you may have to buy one from them

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification: OP2 confirmed in VR product launch - full OnePlus…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things