PC upgrade help

kevinb88 21:04 PM 03 Feb 12

Hello there, I was wondering if anyone can help me with information what i can/should upgrade.

I have an acer m3400 desktop pc and would like to upgrade it so i can run things like SWTOR on high settings without or with little lag.

I know i can upgrade my Ram and i think it's a maximum of 8gb(meaning i have to buy 4gb more). I do not however, know the type of ram needed. I also want to upgrade my graphics card but again i do not know what type i need and i'm aware i will have to upgrade my PSU.

Current specs are:

4GB ram Nvidia GeForce 315 AMD Phenom II x6 1035T processor

Any help will be much appreciated.

Ibanez2010 04:23 AM 04 Feb 12

It's DDR3 1333MHz you need but your current 4GB Ram should be plenty. Aim for a Nvidia GTX560ti graphics card or better. PSU should be about 600-700W minimum. Buy a cheap one at your own risk. It's better to go with a well known brand such as OCZ or Corsair etc.

kevinb88 20:36 PM 04 Feb 12

Thank you for an informative answer. I have found a psu which seems the brand you said: Corsair Memory 600W Gaming Series GS600 High Performance 80 PLUS® Certified PSU

Will pc's take all psu? or do they need to be a certain type.

Devil Fish 01:08 AM 05 Feb 12

bare in mind big companies like acer dell etc tend to use proprietary psu's so a shop brought one may not fit you may have to buy one from them

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Swedish schoolkids use Minecraft to redesign Stockholm city centre

Apple's special event invitations decoded: A look back at 13 of Apple's most cryptic invites