New gaming computer but should I wait?

nathan.scase 09:38 19 Apr 16

I want to get a new gaming desktop computer as my current one won't cut the mustard anymore. I was told it might be worth investing in a PC from Overclockers (around the £1500 price range). The same person said it may be worth waiting until AMD release their new products. So should I wait for the new stuff or go for news PC soon? I plan on using the PC for games such as Total War.

mart7 17:53 19 Apr 16

If you want the latest gear you will wait forever,just buy something thats the latest spec

Old Deuteronomy 20:20 19 Apr 16

As suggested by Mart7 above, just go for it and buy the latest gear available now. The pace of progress in PCs is such that whenever you buy a new PC, there will always be something better coming, in the next few months, or sooner and you don't want to wait forever.

thomaslsmith90 12:40 23 May 16

I would suggest to wait got GTX 1000 series because as per Nvidia they are one third the price of TITAN X and 3 times in performance. That is something

Govan1x 14:43 23 May 16

If he has not answered in 6 weeks it is senseless posting any more comments as he obviously is not interested.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

How to install MacOS Sierra on an older Mac: Get Sierra running on Macs & MacBooks from before 2009