Need some help and advice

Haytch 21:28 13 Mar 17

I am looking at buy a starter PC rig secondhand from gumtree and was wondering if the specs for the PC are good for the asking price, and also I would like some help for if I do purchase the Rig what upgrades should I make? Also I am worried as I don't want to spend money on something that is useless.

Thanks

Forum Editor 22:27 13 Mar 17

If you told us what the specs were, we might be able to offer an opinion.

Haytch 22:54 13 Mar 17

Specs: Intel i7 950 @ 3.07GHz 6Gb ddr3 RAM Nvidia Geforce gt430 Corsair 600 psu and water cooler Asus mobo 1TB WD hdd with fresh install on win7 (key included) 21" samsung monitor

Forum Editor 11:05 15 Mar 17

And the asking price is?

Haytch 16:45 15 Mar 17

£600

Archonar 20:14 15 Mar 17

Personally I would say no as you can get much better modern systems for a similar price- if this is related to the post that you have added about a gaming pc then you will definitely need to upgrade the GPU which adds about £150 to the cost if you go for something like a 1060. Even if that is all you change then it already costs £750.

The processor is also very old so won't include technologies like hyperthreading, it therefore produces benchmark scores below modern I3 processors on cpubenchmark.

I think that for a similar amount you can definitely find a much better PC.

Haytch 02:00 16 Mar 17

Ok thanks for the help

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

What’s happening in VR right now: From psychedelic art to combat therapy

Siri not working? Try these troubleshooting fixes