Need help with Xbox Kinect please

Daisy22 16:52 PM 16 Apr 11

I'm very new to the gaming experience and have been looking at getting an Xbox Kinect so we can all - as a family - play games etc. I particularly would like to get fit. Daughter wants a dance game and OH would like a car game something like F1.

Why are some of the games got the title of Microsoft? Are they different? Do they work in the latest Xbox Kinect?

Any online game suppliers that are cheaper than UK shops?

Average prices to pay for an Xbox Kinect?

Many thanks for help

Devil Fish 01:51 AM 17 Apr 11

cant help with a lot as dont own xbox, But as for cheaper games have a look at or they usually have some good deals floating about and are generaly cheaper than the high street

Inept Pig 13:24 PM 17 Apr 11

ShopTo is also a fairly good online store; I'm sure there will be some good package deals with a 360 + Kincet; but I'd think prices would be around £250 (the Kincet being worth around £80 itself).

The 360 has plenty of racing games, but I'm not sure how many of them are Kincet compatible (I would suggest very few at this moment in time) so your other-half would have to look at titles that used the controller pad, or, there are many fancy steering wheels available which could be of interest.

Not sure what you mean about the game titles? Could you give some examples of what you mean?

bionicle 21:53 PM 18 Apr 11

Just got a Kinect and would advise being aware that a single player needs to be at least 6 feet away from the sensor and 2 players at least 8 feet away from the sensor. Ok if you have a big room. Check this site as a rough guide for cheapest games.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X