My New Gaming Computer

Bioshox 11:05 AM 03 Aug 08

64x Bit Windows Vista Home Premium
AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.2GHz (Total Clock Speed 8.8GHz)
2GB Corsair RAM (With Heatsink)
Gigabyte Motherboard
ATi Radeon 3200 (VGA Onboard [Temporary])
1x Sharkoon Rear Fan & 1x Cooler Master Front Fan & Side Fan

Boots into the logon screen in exactly 52 seconds (From the second i pushed the button the the logon screen)

Without Side Panel:

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

With Side Panel:

[IMG]click here[/IMG]

crosstrainer 15:01 PM 03 Aug 08

As soon as it has a decent graphics card in it it will revile my Phenom lol!

I've got 2 8800GTX's in mine and 4gb ram, but you could go for the new 280? At least you would only need one :))

mrwoowoo 15:02 PM 03 Aug 08

I take it,that since you've decided to tell us all about it,you must be very pleased with it.
It looks nice i must say and i hope you have many months of fun with your new purchase.
As a matter of interest,what PSU do you have and what graphics card do you intend to go for?
Any gaming planned?

crosstrainer 16:46 PM 03 Aug 08

It won't be doing much with that onboard chip yet, that's for sure :))

Bioshox 19:01 PM 03 Aug 08

Hey

Well my power supply is a Win Power 450W PSU
And i dont know what model but an ATi, With Crossfire
:)

I will post more infomation once i have it!

mrwoowoo 19:46 PM 03 Aug 08

You will need to watch what card you go for with that power supply though.
Most reasonable cards require at least a 450w PSU.

citadel 20:30 PM 03 Aug 08

that psu appears to be a very cheap one, if you are getting a 4870 card you need a decent psu.

Coltch 08:02 AM 04 Aug 08

Wait for the 4870 X2 to appear and put 2 of them in for Crossfire X - should knock the socks off anything!.

Out of interest what size screen are you using - anything less than 24" is a waste for Crossfire/SLI.

The PSU as stated is not good enough if you plan to go down the crossfire route, try getting a decent branded 700+w PSU (OCZ, Coolermaster, etc.).

My CM 850W PSU has enough juice to keep 2 x HD2900XT's happy (well just about!)

Bioshox 08:38 AM 04 Aug 08

19" HD TV

Also, Will that power supply not be enough to power, or just what you guys think is not good enough

As I dont want to spend money on things I DON'T need.

Bioshox.

crosstrainer 08:57 AM 04 Aug 08

I would advise you to upgrade that PSU to a 650watt of good quality, such as an antec, hiper or the like. Cheap generic PSU's which claim to be 700 watt+ are inferior to a quality brand. My own favourite is Hiper, and whilst they don't come cheap, they do what they say on the box.

This one is running the spec I posted above without any issues at all (added to the mix are 2x 500GB hdd's and 2x DVDRW drives) so it has a lot to do.

In short, you get what you pay for.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 now: how to download and install Windows 10 even if GWX.exe is missing

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Nokia rolls out spherical camera for virtual reality apps

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED