MS Flight Sim de luxe X problem

tigertop2 16:47 15 May 09

On one of my PCs installed with this I am getting the following message when I open it

' Aircraft initialisation failure

Air creation 582SLred'

If I carry on I get the same message with'green' instead of 'red'

The programme appears to open OK but when I select a mission the screen goes black after loading the selected one. I can only get out of it by running the task manager option and closing the programme

Anyone any experience of solving this please?

crosstrainer 07:50 17 May 09

Could be a couple of things:

1) Have you installed the service packs:

click here (SP1)

And:

click here

(SP2)

I think that you may have a corrupt or missing aircraft database, which means uninstalling and re-installation.

It's possible that the service packs may sort you out though.

tigertop2 11:55 17 May 09

Crosstrainer, thanks

both SP1 and SP2 were installed.

I have decided to reinstall after a repair failed to solve it. I have discovered that there may be a Vista OS problem but will worry about that later. I am about to install the latest Windows 7 software to dual boot with Vista so it will interesting also to see how Flight Sim responds to that.

crosstrainer 16:09 17 May 09

..So would I! I had multiple flight controller errors with 7 BETA , so didn't install x on that partition.

Not something you can use without proper controls anyway..

Be interested to know how you get on with it under 7 :))

tigertop2 16:49 17 May 09

Well its loaded now and working . Also updated with SP1 and 2. Have not loaded the Acceleration pack yet and have still to try it with windows 7 which I am dual booting on an XP PC first. I will bear in mind what you say re Windows 7 but this is the pre release version. My controls are Thrustmaster on the Vista system and Logitech 3Dpro on the XP. I aim to get more use of Flight sim on the Vista PC which is Intel Corei7 and better graphics. May be a while but I will let you know the outcome. meanwhile I will post this thread as closed. Thanks

crosstrainer 16:59 17 May 09

Thanks for the feedbac...Keep us posted on W7 and FSX :))

tigertop2 16:35 01 Nov 09

Having now loaded Flight Sim on a 64bit W7 OS I can confirm it runs smoothly and with no problems

Case closed I think

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac