Looking to upgrade my average pc into a gaming beast advice please!

Richjones19772000 12:30 PM 17 Jun 13

Hi guys here's my current spec.

Windows vista 32bit intel quad core Q6600 @2.4 Ghz 4GB ram AMD 1GB HD6670 graphics card GDDR5 ( I have limited knowledge but I think I should have used DDR3 for a system this age?)

So guys I'm looking upgrade, I have recently sold my alienware M14X looking for similar or better performance than that, any advice is more than welcome. A rough idea on cost would be great too.

Cheers

Chronos the 2nd 14:48 PM 17 Jun 13

Really need the motherboard make and model. But your CPU is quite an old socket {775) and I suspect that you could not have used DDR3 as I think the Q6600 only supports DDR2.

I really think that upgrading will be a waste of money, If you use a few components from your current set up. Power supply (maybe) optical drive, operating system, provided you have disk and COA number.Your harddrive can also be reused. So what we really need to know is what sort of budget.

You will be able to flog your current components which will help towards the new bits.

Richjones19772000 15:54 PM 17 Jun 13

Ok thanks, I will get hold of the motherboard details later when I'm home.My budget is no more than £600.

Chronos the 2nd 16:22 PM 17 Jun 13

Post the wattage of your power supply as well if you could.If you are still on XP or Vista then I think you should budget for an update to Windows 7.

I'll have a look around and see what I can come up with.

Chronos the 2nd 16:26 PM 17 Jun 13

Here is one I had for someone else. Build. But you would need to add windows 7. the HDD might not be needed either, dependant on what you have.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…