Looking for advice on how to improve game performance?

herozoom 02:50 03 Apr 14

Hi all. So, I play Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn, and I'd like to be able to play it at 1920x1080 resolution with good graphics and performance. I followed some tips from this guide by updating my drivers and downloading the program Razer, but it still didn't seem to help. Honestly, I really have no idea what I'm talking about, or what I'm doing. I bought my computer back around 2009, so should I focus on a new graphics card, or a whole new computer?

nickf 19:54 05 Apr 14

If you could tell us your current specs , and upgrade budget , we can then offer better advice .

herozoom 00:17 07 Apr 14

Right, sorry bout that...

Computer model: Dell Inspiron 7520

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)

System type: 64-bit Operating System, x64-based processor

Display adapters: AMD Radeon HD 7730M / Intel (R) HD Graphics 4000

My upgrade budget would probably be around $900-$950. If there's any more information you need, feel free to ask.

herozoom 01:12 07 Apr 14

Also, I should mention, those are the specs for my laptop, which I got in 2012. I'm on vacation right now so I don't have access to my desktop.

nickf 21:23 07 Apr 14

Lol , not a lot of help then ! But if your existing desktop is of 2009 vintage then I would say that a replacement is the way to go .

herozoom 18:13 14 Apr 14

Yeah, I guess that was pretty dumb, but I mean, I had my laptop with me so I figured why not ask about that too. Anyways, back to my desktop.

Computer Model: HP Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz

Installed memory (RAM): 4.00 GB

System type: 64-bit Operating System

Display adapters: Intel(R) HD Graphics

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…