laptop - for net, gaming & other teenage stuff

alexiag 13:34 PM 30 Nov 11

Hello all. I see that this question has been asked before but I don't see a straightforward answer. Perhaps there isn't one! I am looking to buy x 2 (two sons) laptops @ around 4-500 pounds each which my boys will be able to use for all of the above. At the moment they are playing WOW and minecraft, but I guess they will evolve. Or not. Can somebody advise me on what I should be looking for - I have trawled the internet and am having difficulty in not being up-sold ie corei5 to i7 ... basically I want a dell/asus/HP that does the job and don't really need all the bells and whistles. It wld be lovely to have beats speakers and 640GB hard drive BUT is it really necessary? Kids are 12 & 14. BIG THANKS to anyone who feels generous enough to answer without telling me to buy alienware :)

alexiag 14:02 PM 30 Nov 11

HOW IS THIS - Its an ASUS Intel Core i5-2430M 2,4 GHz Windows® 7 Edition Familiale Premium 64 bit RAM 4 Go DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GT520MX 1 Go dedicated screen 1366 x 768 pixels 15,6" 16:9 HD back lighting LED Disque dur 640 Go SATA, 5400 rpm

gengiscant 09:49 AM 01 Dec 11

Dual post.Other.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The 14 most useless gadgets of all time: nauseating, crappy and downright silly technology, from a…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Google Maps for web gets a Material Design-inspired makeover

New Apple TV 2015 release date and UK price: buy from Apple in late October, in store in November