Laptop for games advice

Mrgin 16:56 05 Oct 08

I posted this in a different section yesterday but have been advised to put it in here instead.

I have spent the past week or so trying to find relevant laptop reviews and then searching the shops, all with no joy.
I want a laptop with a 17 inch screen that I can play games on. I am not going to play anything high level, just World of Warcraft and things like it. I will also use it for wireless surfing and a bit of MS Office work. I don't need anything extreme, just something decent.
I would also like to be able to get hold of it asap and not wait weeks for delivery.
I have a budget of £800-£1,000 and have been looking at the Samsung R710, the Dell XPS M1710, and the HP DV7 1004ea but couldn't find reviews or any in the shops.
I spent a very frustrating time in PC World being told that it wasn't possible to play games on a laptop.
Any advice gratefully received....and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

citadel 20:31 05 Oct 08

notebookcheck.net has all you need to know about laptop cpu, gpu, and reviews with fps in games, review of 1710 is there.

Mrgin 22:19 05 Oct 08

Thanks for the link.

I will have a look around the site. All the reviews I have found of the M1710 are from 2006/7, and have totally different specs for the GPU and CPU, but I will see if there are any more recent ones.

kalignorgna 13:01 06 Oct 08

Asus has a huge range of gaming laptops such as the new ROG G70S-Twin Peaks or the Asus U2E-1P051E, scan.co.uk link to Asus laptops click here and theres LP's like the 17" Acer TM7720G-703G50Bn and the 17" MSI GX700-226UK. laptops like the G70S can play Crysis as good as a supercomputer

also have a look here click here and here click here

AL47 19:47 18 Oct 08

i have an xps m1710

it will play crysis on medium, which is good by me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…