Laptop for games advice

Mrgin 16:56 05 Oct 08

I posted this in a different section yesterday but have been advised to put it in here instead.

I have spent the past week or so trying to find relevant laptop reviews and then searching the shops, all with no joy.
I want a laptop with a 17 inch screen that I can play games on. I am not going to play anything high level, just World of Warcraft and things like it. I will also use it for wireless surfing and a bit of MS Office work. I don't need anything extreme, just something decent.
I would also like to be able to get hold of it asap and not wait weeks for delivery.
I have a budget of £800-£1,000 and have been looking at the Samsung R710, the Dell XPS M1710, and the HP DV7 1004ea but couldn't find reviews or any in the shops.
I spent a very frustrating time in PC World being told that it wasn't possible to play games on a laptop.
Any advice gratefully received....and thanks in advance for any suggestions.

citadel 20:31 05 Oct 08

notebookcheck.net has all you need to know about laptop cpu, gpu, and reviews with fps in games, review of 1710 is there.

Mrgin 22:19 05 Oct 08

Thanks for the link.

I will have a look around the site. All the reviews I have found of the M1710 are from 2006/7, and have totally different specs for the GPU and CPU, but I will see if there are any more recent ones.

kalignorgna 13:01 06 Oct 08

Asus has a huge range of gaming laptops such as the new ROG G70S-Twin Peaks or the Asus U2E-1P051E, scan.co.uk link to Asus laptops click here and theres LP's like the 17" Acer TM7720G-703G50Bn and the 17" MSI GX700-226UK. laptops like the G70S can play Crysis as good as a supercomputer

also have a look here click here and here click here

AL47 19:47 18 Oct 08

i have an xps m1710

it will play crysis on medium, which is good by me!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…