Laptop CPU Upgrade (I NEED HELP)

mountain ash 19:17 PM 04 Jun 11

Hello, i have been wanting to upgrade my laptop's CPU for a while now, at the moment it runs the Source engine games fairly well but not up to standard. i have a Sony Vaio VPCEE2M1E laptop and i was wondering could i install any CPU into it? i dont want to waste too much money on a new CPU if it wont work on my laptop

here are the specs: processor: AMD ATHLON II P320 DUAL-CORE. 2.10 GHZ RAM: 4.00 GB OS: WINDOWS 7 64 BIT Graphics card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series can someone get back to me asap with a recommendation of a CPU that will fit thanks, steve

gengiscant 09:39 AM 05 Jun 11

It is not always wise to upgrade a CPU on a laptop computer. Laptop computers are generally designed with the CPU speed in mind, which aids in cooling; changing the processor can change the heatsink, which changes airflow, causing you to overheat your machine and do it damage.

mountain ash 20:00 PM 05 Jun 11

thanks for the reply, you saved my laptop :)

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

14 best budget laptops of 2015: best budget laptops reviews - best cheap laptops - best bargain…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Animated film of Raymond Briggs' Ethel and Ernest ramps up production

From Antennagate to Yellowgate: The 10 worst Apple scandals (and why they were blown out of proport)…