Joystick for PC

frybluff 20:55 PM 07 May 12

Thinking of flight type joystick, as a more "natural" way to play simulator/air combat games. Used to have basic one on old system, obviously a lot more sophisticated, these days. Looking at Logitech Extreme 3D pro, but there seems to be some confusion over its compatability with Win 7 (64bit). Can anyone clarify that, or suggest something better, at similar price?

I take it they all have software, to assist with configuring (ie you don't need a computing degree!)

tigertop2 21:56 PM 07 May 12

I have a Logitech Extreme 3D pro and use it with Windows 7 64 bit. Absolutely no problem over the last 12 months. If you are using Microsoft Flight Sim you can set the Logitech up any way you want re controls. Windows 7 automatically finds drivers for it when you connect the USB

Happy Flying!

frybluff 18:51 PM 10 May 12

Have also been looking at Cyborg FLY5, which seems quite good. Would appreciate any opinions as to whether one is easier to use, than other (compared to Logitech Ext 3D Pro), or easier to set up/ configure.

Forgive my niaivity, but can one download "suggested configurations", for popular games/ sims, which then just have to be tweaked, or does one have to do a full configure, from scatch, each time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best Black Friday deals 2015 live blog: When is Black Friday & what are the best tech Black Friday…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the animated Christmas ad everyone's tallking about

The 84 best Mac games: Brilliant RPGs, shooting games, adventure games and puzzlers for Mac OS X