how do i increase video memory

the bear_01 09 Jul 12

I have a bit of a problem with a steam game (dawn of war 2)

when I set the graphics setting to low (original high) it says I have "run out of vid mem" on a big pink screen.

graphics card :radeon HD 5770

iv already spoke to some people about it, they adivsed the game was bugged and that i should uninstall then reinstall the game and that should fix the problem? i did this and the problem still occurs.

KRONOS the First 10 Jul 12

Vram is the memory on your graphics card the only way to increase that is to upgrade your GPU. But to be quite honest your HD 5770 should be able to handle the game very easily. See here. What are the rest of your specs? Motherboard,CPU, RAM, operating system, maybe something there.

RobertGayle 11 Aug 12

Win7 can share ram with the gpu, but the shared ram is a lot slower than the onboard vram. There is no other way to increase the vram, if you really need/want more you'll have to byu a card that has more installed at the factory.

[url=http://247londonlocksmith.co.uk/town/ealing]locksmith ealing[/url]

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Microsoft claims its new VR lens system is better than Oculus Rift's

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message