Help with a game with an uncomplete serial number

Kase 14:47 17 Dec 13

I have just purchased a game. I have spent about 4 hours on line trying to contact the company that produced this winner of over 50 awards including "GAME OF THE YEAR" they do not respond. I googled this game and have found that the Company concerned sent out a batch of games with 16 digit key codes which should have been 20. The retail supplyer has informed me not their problem they just buy the games in and do not know what is in the box. You have to open the case to see the key code so you cannot tell if you have a bad code. I am now as a customer piggy in the middle. Am I entitled to my money back from the retailer?. I am at a loss to why such a large very well known game producer should fail to communicate when they know of this problem.

woody 23:45 17 Dec 13

Your contract is with your supplier - they should be able to contact the game manufacturer and get a number that works - report it to trading standards - I presume we are talking about retailers in the UK.

Kase 19:50 18 Dec 13

Hi Woody

Thank you for your advice and help. The Company is a uk supplier I purchased the game from my local shop. I also have an online account with this Game company. I have now asked this company to refund my money and I am waiting a reply which they say will take 6 days. Should they not reply I will as you have advised report the matter to the trading standards. Yet again thank you.

lotvic 13:46 29 Dec 13

It seems there's a batch of discs out there that come with a 16 digit code instead of a 20 digit one. If you have a version where you have a 16 digit code on the white sheet of paper you need to do the following to get a working code: click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…