help on choosing a gaming pc

keiranward 21:16 PM 01 Oct 12

hello, i have a acer aspire 5742 and have realised it is terrible at games it either black screens or crashes. i have been looking for capable gaming PC and have found one round-about my budget. RCS Storm Intel i3 Dual Core Gaming PC - Nvidia GTS450 GFX specsProcessor: Intel Core i3 2100 Dual Core 2x 3.1Ghz Memory: 4 Gigabyte DDR3 1333Mhz Graphics Card: Nvidia GTS450 1Gb Pci Express HDMI Hard Disk Drive: 1 Terabyte SATAIII 6Gb/s Motherboard: AsRock Intel H61M-S1155 Audio: Integrated HD Audio USB Ports: 4x Rear USB 2.0 Ports | 2x Front USB 2.0 Ports Networking: Internal Gigabit Network Port Optical Drive: 22x DVD-Rw/CD-Rw Combo Drive Case: New* Black Mesh Atx Gaming Case Power Supply: 500 Watt Power Supply Warranty: Standard Two year warranty

it has a series of upgrades for example;

8Gb DDR3 1600Mhz (2x4Gb) memory

USB 54Mb/s WiFi Dongle

2x LED Red/Blue case fans to fit case

Premium Build & optimization + 2Yr warranty

Windows 7 64bit Home Premium

all of this adds up to a total cost of £482.39 is this a good choice or not, all help will be greatly appreciated. thank you in advance.

KRONOS the First 10:19 AM 02 Oct 12

For that sort of cash you are not going to get a great gaming PC but it should be capable for a while. If you are going to have Windows 7 64bIT then definitely add the extra ram.

It would be better if you could post a link to the actual PC you are considering so we can have a better all round look.

keiranward 21:16 PM 15 Oct 12

here is the pc i was thinking of http://www.ramcomputersystems.co.uk/product/rcsstormgaming_pc

Chronos the 2nd 10:13 AM 17 Oct 12

Link does not work.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get free stuff for Android: Amazon Underground offers genuinely free Android apps and free…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

MIT builds an awesome 3D printer that can use 10 materials at once

What to expect at the September Apple event: Apple announces 9 September event, sends out invites