Having a pc for gaming built-what do i need?

laup2 01 Dec 12

Hi

I am planning on having somebody build me a computer for my son. He wants it for gaming / making walk through tutorial videos for youtube.

What specs should I be looking at in regards to graphics card, ram, cpu etc?

Thanks in advance.

laup2 01 Dec 12

Budget of around £300-400-. Do not need a monitor.

Chronos the 2nd 02 Dec 12

Am I right in assuming that you need: Motherboard. RAM. CPU. Graphics card. Hard-drive.Power supply. Case. operating system? All for £300 -£400 and you are looking to have built a gaming PC? Unless all your son wants to play is very old games I am afraid your budget is far to low for a decent gaming PC I am sorry to say.

nickf 02 Dec 12

I`m afraid Chronos is right , as an example http://3xs.scan.co.uk/ConfigureSystem.asp?SystemID=1346 is a reasonable gaming PC , but you would still need a monitor , speakers , keyboard , mouse etc .

laup2 09 Dec 12

Thanks for that, change of approach.

Can you recommend a capture card to record xbox gaming onto a pc. A good starter one will do for now. UK based Thanks

Chazzyb17 08 Jan 13

well for Xbox 360 capture you can use a Dazzle DVC recorder (black) or HD PVR.

for original Xbox any dazzle will do.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

IKinema aims to banish droopy shoulders and wonky spines in animated CG characters

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message