Has anyone played 'JUST CAUSE 2'

Graphicool1 17:32 PM 28 Apr 11

If you've played 'Just cause 2' can you tell me if you're playing against the clock. I was thinking about getting it and I've just seen a gameplay video. The guy seems to be constantly on the move, running and shooting, as though he has to complete each mission with a certain time frame. If this is the case then I'm not interested. So can someone please tell me if it is or isn't? cheers

gengiscant 07:50 AM 29 Apr 11

I played it for a couple of hours, most of the time I was not sure what I should be doing or where I was going. As far as I can remember what ever I was doing was not against the clock, but there again I did not like the game and gave up on it pretty quickly.

Inept Pig 09:55 AM 29 Apr 11

There's some side missions that are set to time limits (you don't have to do them though) the majority of the game is free-roaming (and time limit free) though.

I think there's a demo available for download if you want to give it a go.

Graphicool1 17:25 PM 29 Apr 11

Hi Inept Pig

Have you got a link for the demo download?

Graphicool1 17:27 PM 29 Apr 11

PS

Or is it on xBox Live, as I have an xBox 360?

mrwoowoo 03:01 AM 30 Apr 11

There's a download here. http://www.fileplay.net/file/7775/just-cause-2-playable-demo

mrwoowoo 03:04 AM 30 Apr 11
  AllThumbs 09:59 AM 03 May 11

As a casual sandbox game it can be a lot of fun. There are set missions, but your overall task is to cause as much mayhem as possible (which is nice).

The moving everywhere thing at speed is just part of the fun (you have a zip line which is like a spiderman web and allows you to shoot at any object in game and then reel it in so you speed toward the target (be it a passing vehicle or static object. Do it on a hill and open your chute and you're airborne - which I find never gets stale.

The game's biggest problem is that the set tasks are a tad dull and a game can only be played sandbox style for so long - but try the demo, as toe dipper it's good fun and if you were timing yourself that could add an interesting edge.

Graphicool1 14:44 PM 03 May 11

mrwoowoo

Am I supposed to download the demo from your link and burn it to a disk. To play on my xBox? Wouldn't my xBox have to have been chipped, because it hasn't.

Inept Pig 15:57 PM 03 May 11

If it's for the 360 just download it directly from the Marketplace

There is a way to set it up online so it downloads when you next log-in to your 360 - although not too sure how it works - Demo Link

Graphicool1 17:25 PM 03 May 11

Hi Inept Pig

Thanx for that, I'll go and have a look.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: We're just hours away from the OnePlus 2 l2…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Motoman robots: from killing The Terminator to samurai swordmanship

Why Apple's being criticised for everything, even the good things