Half life remake 'Black mesa' is free to play.

mrwoowoo 21:51 PM 01 Oct 12

Black mesa, which is a digitally remastered and reworked version of the original Half life is free to download and play. http://www.blackmesasource.com/download.html It's the game Half life should have been. Added dialogue, characters,enemies and modern graphics. What have you got to lose? You just need to download and install Steam, and their source code to play it. Seen a few reviews giving it 9.7 out of 10. I'm certainly enjoying it.

KRONOS the First 10:14 AM 02 Oct 12

Already got it. But it has taken second place for the foreseeable future by Borderlands 2.

ordep 11:52 AM 02 Oct 12

Loads of bloatware included in this. Think I'll hang fire till its on Steam.

mrwoowoo 19:36 PM 02 Oct 12

No bloatware at all in the download i have. Not too impressed by Borderlands 2 so far.

tullie 17:26 PM 03 Oct 12

Tried this,have a problem,cant find the crowbar where its supposed to be,so im stuck.

mrwoowoo 00:19 AM 06 Oct 12

I'ts further on than in the original. Head back to the main entrance ( the terminal where the guard complains of the system crashing) and find the ventilator shaft blown open. Crowbar is wedged in the door handles.

tullie 23:44 PM 06 Oct 12

Thanks for that,found it,only just survived though

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 4 UK release date, price and specs: Thinner, lighter, faster with new Type Cover and Pen

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Territory delivers realistic NASA screens for The Martian - as they will be in 20 years time

21 brilliant tips for Mac OS X El Capitan: The best new Mac features in OS X 10.11