Graphic card to test??

leroy1260 04:16 28 Oct 08

I have 256Mb 6200 GEforce XFX,Pixel shader 3.0 graphic card.
As far as I know this card is much better than I thought.
Games which I played includes COD 4, NFS MW,Carbon,Pro street,Doom 3,Devil may cry 3 & 4 ,Resident Evil 4,etc
I just want to know that will this card be good for Crysis Warhead,Assasin's Creed,Alone in the dark etc games???
B'coz I have thought of Buying Crysis Warhead Game so ..............

retep888 08:47 28 Oct 08

click here

It's a 1.7 GB download though.

leroy1260 11:22 28 Oct 08

Yeah the Demo works just fine......... so does this means that my graphic card is up to the mark or no.???

retep888 12:46 28 Oct 08

If the demo works fine then you should be ok to run it.

I noticed that you'd a thread running in the Helproom click here
All your system requirement is below par(Sorry), I don't understand how you could run the game smoothly and I don't understand what you meant by External graphic card GF 6200 either.

morgueman 13:43 28 Oct 08

I used a Geforce 6200 card and COD4 was fine, then i upgraded to a 8800GT card and the game runs alot better and deatils like shadows, etc are so much more better than before, so regardless of Crysis, which runs fine on the 8800GT, a upgrade may be the better choice in the long run?

Devil Fish 19:00 31 Oct 08

your card is below the minimum for crysis this is not to say that it wont run but if it does it will be at very low settings

morgueman's suggestion of upgrading to an 8800gt is sound if you want the eye candy that comes with the game

however if you are still on agp then your target would be nearer a 7800 which is the recommended or a 7950 as i dont believe the 8 series cards have agp versions though someone may prove me wrong

cluckinbell 20:07 31 Oct 08

The game will *run* fine with that card. Will it look how the developer intended? No.

But if you enjoy playing the game, excellent, save your money and upgrade when the next gen gear comes out.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5