Gaming PC - PRE-BUILT or BUILD YOUR OWN??

SHowes 07:50 17 May 13

Hi

I hope someone can help! My partner would love a gaming pc and his birthday is next month so i was thinking about getting him one. My problem is, i have a budget of about £700 and i have absolutely no idea what im looking for!!

Ive spent hours looking and most of its still a like foreign language! :)

Id like to either get a prebuilt thats fairly decent (not sure what £700 can get) and then he can replace parts for better quality/higher spec himself or buying all the parts and let him build himself...i know this is something he'd love to do and i feel like this would be a better gift then buying a pre-built, however he's never built one before and its alot to spend if it doesnt work out.

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks

Chronos the 2nd 11:11 17 May 13

I am assuming that you do not need a monitor, keyboard and mouse or speakers with your budget.

Have a look at these.

Chillblast Fusion Hurricane. A little more than your budget but a nice PC with a decent graphics card, in fact overall a decent spec.

Chillblast Fusion Boost. Do not be put off by the size of this,again it is an excellent build, I have the same case for one of my builds, and well worth considering.

Chillblast Fusion Elixir. Again a decent gaming PC.

TimeTimer 04:09 06 Jun 13

If you are not 100% familiar with the latest parts then go with a pre built one. There are even sites which you pick and they build it for you.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Why upgrade to Windows 10? Is Windows 10 good? The pros and cons of!…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This Uplifting Animation Celebrates Team GB’s Road to Rio

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features, including new features…