Games for Windows Live has killed my game

Taurus 22:52 05 Jul 10

I have previously successfully played games that have required registering with Games for Windows Live (Bioshock and Batman A-A), however, I recently bought and installed Bioshock 2 and briefly played it successfully, although with no save facility, until I registered it with the above GFW Live, after which it will only get as far as the end of the opening sequences and then stops, it will also stop if any key is pressed during the sequence. Is there a known problen? if so how do I counter it? Can I erase my GFW profile and do you think this will help? I have twice removed the program and re-installed with no luck. Any help would be appreciated as I am a bit peed off that I have bought a game and bloody microsoft won't let me play it! Many thanks.

gengiscant 17:35 06 Jul 10

Have a look here click here

Taurus 22:51 06 Jul 10

Many thanks for your response, no time now to test, but it looks promising, will repost with results. Once again, thank you.

Dave

Taurus 22:38 08 Jul 10

Many thanks for the pointer, it was the very first thing on the list of things to try. I've had to start from the begining again as it cost me my save games but at least I'm able to play it, once again, many thanks.

Dave

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…