games for kids with no internet connection

ColinDeVelen 20:43 16 Dec 09

Hi,
I am looking for reliable sites where I can download games for my kids to play, on their non internet connected pc's. Any suggestions for sites?

They are 4 and 5 year old boys, so I am looking for educational, engaging and not particularly violent stuff (Don't mind battleships or similar). I have spent most of the evening searching round Yahoo, but I am currently in a state of information overload and thought I would come back to a site I hadn't used for a while and ask if anyone here could help.

Regards, Colin.

mrwoowoo 22:16 16 Dec 09

A good choice here including Pac man, Scrabble and others a bit more advanced.
click here

Awshum 05:23 17 Dec 09

We buy games from PCWorld and Currys for 98p each usually on 3 for 2 for the kids. Look in the clearance section on every visit, tbh it's the main reason I frequent PCW otherwise I wouldn't go in.

They run fine under Vista and include titles like scooby doo, the hoyle range for kids, peppa pig etc....

Hercule Marple 10:07 17 Dec 09

I agree with the PCW suggestion. I'n recent months I've bought Scrabble and The Times Chess from there for 98p each, and they're both very good imo.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…