Dualshock 3 PS3 controller seems to have died!

villa fan 23:00 14 Dec 09

Hi, recently my DS3 controller for the PS3 seems to have died! When plugged in via USB the 4 lights on the top flash for about 2 minutes and then all go out. Either wired or wireless the PS button doesn't work and I can't get the controller to be recognised at all. The same thing happens after re-setting the controller (via the recessed hole near L2). Does anyone have any advice? It was working fine before but just seems to have stopped. Am not sure if it's so out of battery it won't even charge? I've plugged it into PC with a different cable and the same thing keeps happening. I also updated FW to 3.15 on PS3 but that doesn't seem to make any difference either.

Any help greatfully received!

Awshum 11:10 15 Dec 09

It's dead.

Get it replaced under warranty?

Sony will send you a new one if it's under a year old. Or take it back to the shop.

If it's over a year but you took extended warranty insurance then your controller should be covered too.

jonh1111 23:49 24 Dec 09

hi, same thing happened to me & i considered buying a new controller but they're so expensive so i kept looking on the internet for a solution:

buy a new battery from ebay then replace it yourself. they cost around £5 or less and are fairly simple to replace - just look at a youtube video of somebody else doing it

i replaced mine earlier today & works like a charm

hope this helps

villa fan 20:39 25 Dec 09

Thanks a lot for your thoughts Awshum and Jonh1111. In the end Sony replaced the controller as it was 1 year and 1 week (and they weren't being super fussy with the warranty perioud) after I bought it but replacing the battery is a much cheaper option than buying a new controller and very good advice!

Happy Christmas to all!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now