download caps

IClaudio 24 Nov 10

I've just signed up for BT Infinity, which gives me 38 (count 'em!) Meg of download... at the same time, capping me at a 40gig download. I don't do much downloading, just the occasional iPlayer episode. But I do a lot of online gaming (MoH mostly...), how does this impact on the download quotient? Am I using up several gigs every half hour I'm online?

IClaudio 24 Nov 10

Oh, I wish there was an Edit function on this forum!

What I meant to say was, the download speed is estimated at 38Meg... and I can download 40gig of data each month.

gengiscant 25 Nov 10

Found this elsewhere;
10KB x 60secs (1minute) is 600KB -- 1minute of play.
600KB x 60mins (1hour) is 36MB -- 1hour of play.
So if your always raiding (highest data usage) 1GB of data would give you 28 hours of play while in-combat, but thats always sustained peak download speed for every second, which doesnt happen.

So an hour gaming online uses less than a hour watching videos on Youtube.

So your 40GB limit should be more than enough.

IClaudio 25 Nov 10

Very succint, gengis and thanks!

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

OnePlus 2 UK release date, price, specification rumours: When is the OnePlus 2 coming out? July…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

HTC's head designer on what's exciting in designing for mobile right now

Apple Music preview: Why Spotify should be scared of Apple's impressive new music-streaming service

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message