is cpu unparking a feature of win 8 or directx 11/11.2

hdbjhn 19:32 13 Dec 13

I know windows 8/8.1 have better cpu management or people call it cpu core "unparking".At the same time it does also have support for directx 11.1/11.2.My doubt is whether the windows 8 ability to unpark cpu cores(better average fps on games) is by itself or it's is like a feature of directx 11.1(i heard directx 11.1 does not only bring graphic optimisation but also cpu optimisation=which i think would be windows 8' ability to unpark cpu core.So,pls help ladies or gentlemens.

My plan is to stick with windows 7 until windows 8 get completely stable as for windows 7 more than sufficient nor i need the features of windows 8/(note:i have tried windows 8).Microsoft recently announced that windows 7'll receives platform update(not service packs) which contains selective directx 11.1 features.Well,now i assume it is same/accordance to nvidia's gpu only supporting partial dx11.1 features.I hope this selective/partial directx 11.1 features contains those cpu optimisations((i think most of important bits for dx 11.1 gaming would be made available(that's the logic)+if cpu unparking is under dx's functionalitty,that should be made available as well.

mrwoowoo 21:17 15 Dec 13

Fairly sure it's an O/S feature. I have Windows 7, and have my cores unparked to play BF4. Seems to run smoother like this. I downloaded a programme to unpark my cores which is very simple to use. [unpark your cpu ]1

mrwoowoo 21:25 15 Dec 13

My work has blocked access to the download site. Just google "unpark cpu software" then download the one on coolerbag.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…