Colin McRae Rally 2 on W7

Colin 11:14 27 Mar 10

I had a clear out of old games the other day and came across Colin McRae Rally 2. Out of interest, I installed it on W7 64 bit and its runs perfectly without any adjustments necessary, not even compatibility mode. It is running at 1920x1200 and looks great! I know it’s stretched not widescreen but it still looks really good. I was surprised that 1920x1200 was available to select as I’m sure that resolution wasn’t well used back in 2000. Isn’t it strange that some quite old games have no problem running on W7 but some newer ones do?

ams4127 19:09 27 Mar 10

I was also in game clearance mode a couple of weeks ago and found the same game. I also installed it on Win7 64 bit and, like you, it runs perfectly at the same resolution.

Trouble was that I then had to go and buy a new wheel/pedals outfit. And that cost more than the game did originally!

Colin 13:00 28 Mar 10

I'm a meany and make do with an Xbox 360 wireless controller. I think the game in arcade mode is great for quick blast.

ams4127 23:41 28 Mar 10

It's certainly a very good way of letting off steam occasionally!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…