Call of suty 2 windows vista

alexishbob 17:50 22 Aug 08

sorry if this has already been posted but how do I run call of duty 2 online on Vista? Singleplayer runs fine it's just multiplayer that when I try to run it it comes up the message "cod2mp_s.exe has stopped running" anyone got any solutions?

mrwoowoo 19:18 22 Aug 08

Are you playing it in compatibility mode?

mrwoowoo 19:32 22 Aug 08

In multiplayer mode there are issues with Punkbuster support. Due to Vista's security features, playing on Punkbuster servers with Punkbuster enabled will give you an error. Right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game and select "Run as Administrator". If that does not work then Right-click on the shortcut you use to launch the game and select "Properties", then select "Compatibility" and place check in "Run as Administrator".
You could try playing on servers that don't require Punkbuster and thus turning it off.
If that doesn't work try turning off your UAC (user account control).Control panel>user accounts>turn user account control off.

crosstrainer 08:03 23 Aug 08

There are also issues with the brightness and gamma correction.

I've finished it twice, and have it installed on an XP machine, but Vista doesn't like it much. It will run, but looks far too dark to be playable.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…