Best gaming pc for £500

ACP1 20:33 PM 20 Nov 11

My 15 year old son is looking for a PC predominantly for gaming, but also for videos, music and homework. My budget is £5-600 and I'm really asking for suggestions. I don't want to have to buy bits and pieces from lots of different sources as I just don't have the time/knowledge/inclination to build a pc. So any advice or suggestions would be gratefully received!

Many thanks, Amanda

mrwoowoo 16:04 PM 22 Nov 11

This is a really good deal. Got my gaming PC from Medion and am very happy with it. MEDION® AKOYA® P5333 D

hopeshenliehuo 08:15 AM 23 Nov 11

well, it is really high price

gengiscant 09:55 AM 23 Nov 11

If I was spending that much on a pre-built PC, I would want a better graphics card. The 550 ti is on a par with the HD 5770,4890. Both good cards in their day and if you are on a tight budget,you will still get decent frame rates, but I feel you might struggle with later titles.

I think I would also be looking for the i5 2500k CPU. Which is probably one of the best chips around at the moment.

But overall I believe the Medion name has a good reputation for reliability so if you are not into building your own then this is worth considering though I feel that you could get a better spec for that sort of money. I may well be talking rubbish as I build my own PC's so do not pay much attention to pre- builds.

Here's a reasonable graphics card comparison site you might want to stick in your favourites. GPU.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? Windows 10 is now available, so do you have to upgrade? 8 reasons…

Why Vodafone’s frequency choice should interest you: The benefits of 800MHz

Digital visionaries discuss Designing the Future

OS X Yosemite vs Windows 10: The Mac and PC operating systems go head to head UPDATED