Battlefield 1942

Alf58 27 Aug 10

I know this is an old game but I am very attached to it. I am experiencing a severe problem. After months of untroubled online play, tonight the game has stopped functioning on line. All seems normal regarding loading screens etc but as soon as I click "internet" everything freezes and I have to use Control Alt Delete to get the computer running again. The game is fine if I dont try to play on line.I am using Win XP Professional. My internet connection is sound with a regular speed of 5.5 mbts and a goood ping rate.

Anyone got any ideas?

mrwoowoo 27 Aug 10

Try disabling Punkbuster as this sometimes works.
A simple system restore may help if not.

gengiscant 27 Aug 10

Reinstall the game is another possibility.

Alf58 27 Aug 10

Thanks for the replies, folks.

Cant get the internet menu screen to work to disable Punk Buster. There was a Java Update a couple of days ago. I wonder if that could have affected it?

mrwoowoo 28 Aug 10

Java updates can mess up. A system restore to before the update should sort it.

Alf58 30 Aug 10

Well still getting nowhere. I have installed latest patch, enabled various ports in Win Xp Firewall, system restored to two weeks ago (when I know the game played ok on line)but still no joy. EA support just give a standard reply to connection problems. I'm reaching the point where I'm becoming reonciled to never playing online again.

harps1h 01 Sep 10

unistall and reinstall as suggested earlier in the thread.

Alf58 01 Sep 10

The issue is now resolved. It was an issue with the central server which had been upgraded but not properly configured. Nothing to do with me or my machine.

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Windows 10 Home vs Windows 10 Pro comparison: Here are the extra features you get in the Pro version

Why Formula-e needs to go faster

Found Studio reveals the making of the Unleashed, Uncut Peugeot 208 viral

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message