Assasin's Creed 3 and my rig.

Mattozaa 21:51 14 Feb 15

Heya, I have AMD 3870k at 3.3GHz, Radeon 7850 overclocked to a level of 7870 with 2gb memory, 4GB 1333mhz DDR3 Ram. Whenever I try to run AC3 I get about 20 fps, regardless of the settings I use. When I am using maxed out settings on 1080p I get like 20fps, and when I use lowest possible settings on 1080p I get around 2-5fps more. Is it because of my memory? I heard that 4GB in Boston city is not really cutting it. Oh and also, my GPU and CPU usage are at around 60% when I am in boston with such low fps. Do you guys think it is a memory bottleneck? should I upgrade to 8gb ASAP?

mrwoowoo 18:13 26 Feb 15

Loads of people having this issue as it's not a very well optimized game. You could try this. Right click on AC3SP then go to properties > compatibility then tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box. Should give a bit of a boost to FPS. Minimum specs are 2GB RAM so you should be good. Could lower your screen resolution, and put shadow details on low. Other than that, you need to wait for a patch.

peter8210 15:44 04 Mar 15

Loads of people having this issue as it's not a very well optimized game. You could try this. Right click on AC3SP then go to properties > compatibility then tick the "Disable display scaling on high DPI settings" box. Should give a bit of a boost to FPS. Minimum specs are 2GB RAM so you should be good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac