Another Crysis question again...

iqs 10:55 25 Aug 08

Hi,

I have just seen Crysis in Game for £19.99.From the reviews its a must have game.But will my PC do the game justice?.

My specs are Dual Core 6600 2.4GHz ,2.0Gb RAM,BFG 8800GT 512MB OC,WIN XP

With this hardware,just how good will Crysis look please.

Thanks

Marko797 11:35 25 Aug 08

it will tell u if u can run it:
click here

mrwoowoo 16:47 25 Aug 08

I played it at medium settings with a 8600gt.
As yours is an 8800gt and a decent cpu,you can expect a slight boost on the mid range i got,but nothing much.
This game is heavy on gpu and cpu demands,so anything above mid settings will be a bonus.
I have found that a clean and defragged pc will also give a performance boost,although some will disagree.

mrwoowoo 16:49 25 Aug 08

Sorry,meant to say your 6600 is a decent cpu and the 8800gt is a better gpu than mine.

iqs 20:20 25 Aug 08

Thank you both for the help,it was appreciated.

The link states my PC will run Crysis,so I will go out tomorrow and hope for the best.Cheers

crosstrainer 07:23 26 Aug 08

You won't be disappoinyed, it's a great game! Make sure you have the latest drivers for your graphics card too:

click here

Choose your O/S from the link and download.

AL47 19:53 28 Aug 08

my laptop runs it on medium fine,

its similar to yours

2.83 dual core
3.2gb ram
512mb 7950 gtx
resolution, now that has to be fairly modest but its still well worth it

and bear in mind mines a laptop so hasnt got asa much power so youll be fine on medium

iqs 21:05 28 Aug 08

thanks crosstrainer and AL47.

First impressions of Crysis,not bad.It plays very well,but I'm the sort of person who is not happy unless its perfect.

There a few minor issues with some of the graphics,but I know I should be grateful with the settings I'm using.

Resolution 1280x1024

All setting set to high,

Ant-Aliasing is off.It will run on 2x,but with some noticeable white ghosting .

Cheers again for the help

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…