3D gaming.

mrwoowoo 01:01 28 Sep 09

Just played the demo of Need for speed shift and the 3D effects are amazing.
Ok,i have to wear the silly Nvidia 3D glasses but wow,is it worth it.
When you crash through tyres it literally makes you flinch as they come flying out of the screen at you.It's the same when your bonnet flies up at you during a shunt.
The graphics,either played in 3D or not are excellent.I didn;t know that 3D gaming was this far advanced.
That said. Batman Arkhan asylum has fantastic graphics though the 3D is a let down. It's the same with Terminator salvation,so best stick to 2D graphics with these two.
Anyone had any good or bad experiences with 3D gaming?

gengiscant 09:50 28 Sep 09

Apart from the glasses(got them)and the game, do you not need a special monitor and graphics cards to see/use 3D effects?.

mrwoowoo 13:14 28 Sep 09

I thought you needed a 120 HZ monitor. But obviously not as mine is just your usual basic LCD 70 hz.
I believe a 120 HZ monitor ( expensive ) must play in 3D without the need for glasses.
As for graphics cards, it may well be Nvidia cards only at the mo. And we're talking about a gtx 250 upwards which come with the glasses as did my GTX 260 from Novatech.
You just make sure you have stereoscopic 3D enabled in Ntune and enabled in your game display or video options in your game.
Strangely,in Terminator salvation there is no 3D option that i can find, so the only way to turn it off is through Ntune.

Bob The Blob 15:56 28 Sep 09

Trackmania United Forever is another great online racing game for free that also runs in "3d mode" if you want it to. You just need the standard red/blue glasses that everyone seems to have a pair of lying around.
Worth a look - although I can only bear 15 mins or so in 3d mode.
It's a fantastic game anyway without the need for the 3d gimmick.

gengiscant 16:57 28 Sep 09

I have been looking to upgrade various bits and bobs on my pc, with this in mind is the GTX 260 faster than 2 x 8800 gt cards?

mrwoowoo 23:42 06 Nov 09

I must put right some wrong info, for which i appologise.
You can play games in 3d with any 8 series Nvidia card and upwards. Plus 3D glasses of course.
click here

crosstrainer 06:53 07 Nov 09

Will it work on a 1080 high def TV and an ATI card?

mrwoowoo 17:43 07 Nov 09

"Will it work on a 1080 high def TV and an ATI card?"
I think it should work with your tv as it's not resolution dependant. Only my opinion i'm afraid, so not certain.
ATI cards do have some sterioscopic 3D support . This link is all i can find out about it.
click here
Sorry i can't be of more help. )O:!
I like the idea of 3D gaming on a huge screen. (O:!
Let us know if you ever achieve it....... Awesome.

crosstrainer 07:17 08 Nov 09

Will do :)) would much prefer to be at my PC though :((

podlod 09:10 08 Nov 09

Hi, I play the game being Empire Total War, and find that when I move a character it takes 2 or 3 seconds to move, there is a lag on the movement board, and after playing for approx 3 hrs, they tend to have a speech impediment.Maybe if I altered the Graphics card somewhat it may make a difference, but card a little above my head?Below are my PC stats if helps. Thank you.
Processor
Model : AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+
Speed : 2.10GHz
Cores per Processor : 2 Unit(s)
Threads per Core : 1 Unit(s)
Type : Dual-Core
System
System : System manufacturer System Product Name
Mainboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. A8N-SLI Premium
Bus(es) : PCI PCIe IMB USB FireWire/1394 i2c/SMBus
Multi-Processor (MP) Support : No
Multi-Processor Advanced PIC (APIC) : Yes
System BIOS : Phoenix Technologies, LTD ASUS A8N-SLI Premium ACPI BIOS Revision 1008
Total Memory : 3GB DDR

Chipset
Model : AMD Athlon 64 / Opteron HyperTransport Technology Configuration
Front Side Bus Speed : 2x 1.05GHz (2.10GHz)
Total Memory : 3GB DDR
Memory Bus Speed : 2x 175MHz (350MHz)
Video System
Adapter : ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series (2GB, PCIe 2.00 x16, PS3.0, VS3.0)

Windows XP Home Edtion

Bob The Blob 15:05 08 Nov 09

Try installing the latest drivers for your graphics card.
click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the 2017 Oscar-winning VFX of The Jungle Book were created

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…