19 in tv for xbox 360

mermaid25 10:07 08 Oct 08

my 13 year old son has just saved up and bought himself the 60g xbox 360.

when he plays a game it tells him to switch to Pal 60 . when he does this the game is in black and white.
the tv is an Alba and is about 3/4 years old.
tried different leads etc but I think its time to get a new one.

so looking for a 19 in ( room is too small for anything bigger) possibly with freeview, for £150-£200.
any recommendations.
I will cross post this in consumer watch as well.
many thanks.

retep888 11:52 08 Oct 08

click here

click here

click here

They're all within your price range,if you can squeeze it in,I think the 22" is the best choice.
(22"wide x 9"deep x 17"high)

HD ready,Freeview, HDMI ,good for TV watching and gaming, Free delivery as well if you opt for the super saver.

grey george 17:33 08 Oct 08

I am not sure a new tv would solve the problem, more info: click here
You should be able to select pal50 from the system menu of the consol.

mermaid25 17:53 08 Oct 08

grey george
I'm sorry but that link was completely over my head.

I spoke to my son and he said that the games will not play in Pal 50....it tells you to change to Pal 60 and then the game is in black and white.

grey george 21:03 08 Oct 08

Yes some games are only offered in pal 60 ( I've not come across this before). In theory a brand new TV should support this, but not all of them do and few seem to list whether they do or not. You need to ensure that yours will. A recommendation from someone who is actually using one at pal 60 would be best. Perhaps from one of your sons friends. If buying from a shop nail the salesman down to fact that you can return it if it's not compatible.

grey george 17:19 09 Oct 08

I think I've been a bit thick with this. I have been thinking and if the TV you get is HD then you can run the xbox 360 in HD mode, you will still have to set it to pal 60 to get the game to run. But then you switch to HD so there will be no problem. The only down side is that if don't have a HD xbox 360 cable you will need to get one. Make sure the TV and cable have the same connectors.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…